Our current vacancies
If you would like to join an entrepreneurial, specialist communications consultancy where you get to work for the leading law firms across legal PR, reputation management and litigation PR, then you should consider Byfield as a market leader in our field.
Byfield is a fast-growing independent legal communications consultancy based near Chancery Lane. We offer unrivalled expertise in the complementary disciplines of: –
- Strategic profile-raising for law firms and legal sector-based businesses
- Litigation PR
- Reputation and issues management
We advise our clients drawn primarily from the legal sector, on how to develop compelling communications and marketing strategies that help drive their business development and manage their reputation. We also support law firms and their clients in legal disputes.
As the legal sector develops to embrace new entrants, we are building on our core law firm and barrister chambers’ client base to support the wider range of legal businesses now emerging including legal platforms, alternative business structures and legal technology firms. There is the opportunity to further your career by joining our team and help us expand the agency further at this exciting time of change.
Leading independent legal and litigation PR and crisis communications agency, Byfield Consultancy, is looking for an aspiring Account Executive to join its team.
A PR account executive at Byfield will be expected to:
- Write press releases, news stories, articles, case studies and product pieces
- Pitch press releases and feature ideas by phone or email to national, regional and trade journalists, across print, broadcast and online, to interest them in covering clients’ stories
- Timeously respond to phone calls and emails from journalists
- Arrange interviews and editorial meetings with key journalists for clients’ spokespeople
- Monitor media coverage and report results to the wider team and clients
- Deliver analytics reports on social media, reporting on traffic, engagement and follower figures
- Be social media-savvy and understand the role of social media in reputation management
- Immerse themselves in the team and be able to brainstorm fresh ideas for PR campaigns
- Provide support to the Senior Management Team, as required in terms of research for new business opportunities/pitches and providing support on Byfield marketing initiatives, for example assisting with the quarterly dinners and new business mailings
- Excellent written and spoken English. We need you to be hot on spelling, grammar and proof-reading, as well as have a creative flair for producing engaging copy.
- Presentation skills: From communicating ideas to your team to presenting stories to journalists, we need someone who can organise information in a succinct and interesting way to get people’s attention.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Whether it’s over the phone, by email or in person, PR is all about people, so we need you to be approachable, friendly and empathetic, and be able to relate to people on different levels within the agency, with clients and with the media.
- Excellent telephone manner: You will spend a lot of your time pitching stories to journalists, so you need to have the confidence to pick up the phone and speak to them and maintain a positive, friendly and upbeat tone.
- Time-keeping: You will often be working to tight media deadlines as well as meeting the demands and pressures of agency life, so we need someone who can work quickly and efficiently, without compromising on quality.
- Resilience: You need to be ballsy enough to pick up the phone to national journalists and resilient enough to handle criticism and rejection.
Prior experience working in a PR agency, press office or fast-paced media environment is preferable.
A relevant undergraduate degree such as PR, journalism or English Literature would be beneficial but not essential.
To apply for this role, please email a copy of your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org