Our current vacancies
If you would like to join an entrepreneurial, specialist communications consultancy where you get to work for the leading law firms across legal PR, reputation management and litigation PR, then you should consider Byfield as a market leader in our field.
Byfield is looking for an intern to assist with our communications and marketing administration.
This is a two-week internship position, ideal for those looking to establish a career in legal PR or gain wider experience of a vital service for law firms.
We are looking for a self-starter, who has a keen interest in legal PR and communications. This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team where you will gain valuable experience within the legal and legal PR industry.
Responsibilities will include:
- Database entry and maintenance including data cleansing
- Research support
- PR account administration
- Office administration
- Microsoft Office (Word and Excel proficient)
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to work within a team
If you are interested in applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for an Account Manager that can help inform debate, influence opinions, build stories and engage audiences, on behalf of our clients in the media. The ideal candidate will have a strong academic background and have experience with B2B or professional services PR. They will be a newshound who relishes securing opportunities on current affairs and the big issues that are shaping industries.
Please see the job description below for further detail and get in touch if this sounds like you.
- Excellent communicator with a minimum of two years’ experience in legal or professional services PR/Comms and with strong content skills across digital and print media channels.
- Excellent written and spoken English with laser-sharp attention to detail.
- Someone who loves being part of a team, with strong emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills.
- Commercially aware.
- Excellent industry knowledge with a strong interest in the legal sector.
- Solid time management and organisational skills to work to tight deadlines as well as meeting team and client demands.
- Adept at producing communications across a range of channels, including offline and online content.
- Experience of preparing and repurposing content for social media platforms.
- Service-focused and able to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Aptitude to build a network of influencers and press commentators.
- Passion and enthusiasm for building a career in legal PR in an entrepreneurial environment
Duties and Key Responsibilities
Manage 5-6 core client accounts
- Manage a portfolio of core client PR accounts and advise on campaigns including digital activities.
- Work with your account lead to ensure the effective implementation of client PR strategies (in line with KPIs) and deliver client delight.
- Review and finalise drafts of client documents, including activity reports, press release and PR strategies.
- Manage and mentor junior members of the team, overseeing admin tasks, media relations outreach and other client requests.
- Responsible for quality control of all documents produced.
- Oversee the creation of media lists and forward features lists.
- Securing top tier media placements for clients in target national and trade media by developing strategic editorial ideas.
- Develop and nurture journalist relationships on behalf of clients.
- Create and repurpose legal communications across media relations, social media and other online channels.
- Provide strategic counsel to clients regarding their range of communications channels.
- Demonstrate wider knowledge of the legal industry and other sector developments and proactively horizon scan on behalf of clients.
- Assist the management team, as needed, on crisis or litigation PR projects. The activities will be specific to the brief but may include drafting copy, media relations/press office support and admin/reporting.
- Support management team on Byfield-related initiatives and processes.
- Line manage Account Executives and interns.
- Manage and maintain internal team documents and help run news hooks team meetings.
- Represent and instil our culture and values with other team members.
New business and marketing support
Providing support to the management team, as required including:
- Work on RFPs, credentials and new business presentations;
- Attend and present new business pitches;
- Provide support on Byfield marketing initiatives, for example assisting; with the quarterly dinners and new business mailings; and
- Project manage Byfield-produced thought leadership and research.
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong academic background with work experience in related field;
- Experience within B2B or professional services PR briefs;
- Industry knowledge and media contacts are desired.
- Salary band: £30,000 – £35,000 per annum
- 25 days holiday (full time) not including bank holidays
- Annual bonus (subject to personal and agency performance)
- Private health insurance (includes eye care and dental treatment)
- Agile working
- Training and development
To apply for the role please send a cover letter and a copy of your CV to email@example.com